January 16, 2008

Still Upset

I'm still upset about this Troy thing. I'm more mad at Christy now. I talked to her and she said that Troy had been arrested on Friday. Did she bother to call anyone to tell us what was happening? No! I don't think she has a full understanding of the severity of the charges against her boyfriend or fiance. I keep thinking about the possibility of me not walking past the news at the time I walked by. It is very possible that someone from the family may have missed the news of the arrest.

How insane would that have been? You know I feel very upset with myself because I had plans to have the oldest of my little nieces come and stay with me so I could talk to her but I was too busy last semester. I called a couple of times to get her mother to have her come and stay with me but I never followed up.

Where does this leave me? This leaves me knowing that I need to listen. I was pushing so hard to finish school thinking that I had to hurry up and get my degree. Why? What I'm doing at work is better than what most fresh out of school people do. I stumbled on a job that includes Tech Comm experience. I use better programs than what I can get from taking one of the English classes designed to give me experience in the field. I don't need to push myself so hard that I can't do the things for my family that I need to. If nobody else is listening, then I'm all they've got. Very humbling really, very humbling to have to refocus.

No comments: