November 09, 2004

Family History Project

For anyone who does not know, I am working on a family history project. It is so exciting to do such a thing. I am just abslolutely thrilled to be able to find out more information about our family. I am working on the Maternal side right now. It was so thriiling to get a copy of a marriage license from the State Of Illinois. To hold it in my hand and say to myself, "this is a part of my life history."

Often times I must say, that we as a people cannot do such a thing. Everyone is so mobile and busy or they just don't care. I encourage everyone to who knows something about us to email me so we can get this family history project going until we just can't track anything anymore.

For my family...be prepared. I will be conducting interviews in December to pick your brains.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Dawn I am very excited about your family history project.When i was looking into mine the smallest piece of information give me the most joy. may all who read this be encourage to share their history with Dawn. A faithful reader Patricia